Jan 11, 2013

Bunny Rabbit in the Sunlight

by Kate Endle and Caspar Babypants

I think this little book is so wonderful, even though my toddler doesn't (once again!) share my opinion. It has lovely illustrations by Kate Endle of What is Green? and apparently the text is also a song- you can hear a bit of it here. Very catchy and cute. And the book is pretty unique, for baby fare. It's not just about naming animals or recognizing colors, but shows individual animals in their different habitats, and names the kind of light they're basking (or sleeping, etc) in. So it's not just sunlight and moonlight but starlight (skunk wandering across a yard), fog light (whale by a lighthouse), lamplight, lantern light, candle light, dawn light, twilight and so on. I really enjoyed this one. I'm holding onto it for a bit even though my kid shows little interest and won't sit through it. Maybe she will if I sing!

Rating: 4/5 ........ 20 pages, 2011

1 comment:

Comments are screened due to spam.