Feb 22, 2015

Marley

A Dog Like No Other
by John Grogan

I was right in my initial guess about this book. This is a middle-grade version of the book Marley and Me, simplified for younger readers. For what it is, it was pretty well done. Even though it doesn't really have any new material and all the main incidents and jokes were familiar to me.  I read it in one sitting, laughing all over again. It's been long enough since I read the first book that I had to stop and think to remember what portions had been left out. I still prefer the original, but this one is pretty good too. And has less of the serious moments, the adult issues and dealings with raising kids. It's mostly just about the family dog.

Rating: 3/5   196 pages, 2007

more opinions:
A Year of Reading

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Marley and Me and I bought it ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Marley and Me but enjoyed the movie. I'll have to keep this in mind for the kiddos when they are a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the movie. I bet it's funny. My kids would probably like that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.